The Chamber’s role is to be the voice of British business in Zambia: an independent, not- for-profit organization. The British Chamber of Commerce was incorporated in Zambia as a company limited by guarantee in August 2014. Membership is open to British, Zambian and international companies with a common interest in developing business in the UK and Zambia, to organisations and to individuals.
The Chamber’s core objective is promoting trade and commercial relations between Zambia and the United Kingdom. We also see our role as supporting our members in building their business in Zambia and the region. We collaborate with other business groupings and foster strong ties with the British Chambers of Commerce, regional counterparts and with UK Trade & Investment.
The Chamber has five Directors and a Chief Executive.
The objectives of the Chamber – and the resulting benefits to members – are to:
- Be the voice of British business in Zambia
- Promote the business interests of British companies in Zambia
- Promote increased trade and investment links between the UK and Zambia
- Work with British companies and Zambian companies with British interests to help them win in-country business
- Provide a platform for advocacy with the Zambian government on trade and investment policy and the regulatory environment for business
- Promote best business practices and governance through professional development programmes, networking events and other activities
- Work closely with the British High Commission and the Department for International Development in Zambia, particularly with its representative of UK Trade and Industry
- Benefit from the international and regional linkages being developed through the British Chambers’ (UK) Global Network – Export Britain.
Representation – the voice of British business in Zambia: an independent, business-led and not- for-profit organization working to promote trade and commercial relations between Zambia and the UK and in advocating for an enhanced trade, investment and regulatory environment.
Building Networks – Provide a diverse and inclusive network to build and support opportunities for British, international and local organisations in Zambia with ties to British business.
Connecting Businesses – Encourage British trade and investment in Zambia and the Southern Africa region through our own membership and contacts and through the global and regional networks established by the British Chambers – Export Britain
Creating Opportunities – Provide our members with practical support and advice, delivered via a range of scheduled events, on-line resources and to share knowledge and expertise – with strong support from UK Trade and Investment.
Profitable Relationships – develop mutually beneficial relationships with Zambian public and private sector bodies for the benefit of our members.