The Zambian property sector has seen a number of changes in the last two years, particularly the swings in supply in office and retail space, rental values, the shortage of medium and lower cost housing and recent investments in educational and health establishments. The British Chamber of Commerce in Zambia organised this event to provide a range of information on what the current trends are in supply, demand, values, investment opportunities and the regulatory environment. Presentations were made by:
- Tim Ware, MD of Knight Frank Zambia, provided an overview of the current state of play in the main sectors of commercial, residential and industrial and also looked at emerging sectors such as health, education and tourism;
- Sydney Popota, MD of Real Estate Investments Zambia (REIZ), gave a background to REIZ’s development and also looked at emerging investment opportunities in the sector;
- Namakuzu Shandavu, Infrastructure Partner at Corpus LP, discussed the regulatory environment, costs of trading in property and key matters to be aware of.
Their presentations are available for download here.
- Zambia: Property Market Overview 2017 – Tim Ware, Knight Frank
- Zambia: Property Investment Opportunities and Pitfalls – Sydney Popota, Real Estate Investments Zambia
- Zambia: Property Acquisition and Ownership – Namakuzu Shandavu, Corpus Legal Practitioners
The Chamber is grateful for the support for the event from Knight Frank, REIZ and the Zambia Property Owners Association.